Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Fatherhood

This is such a joy talking on this subject,Being a FATHER.

I was part of a camp this weekend where I could once again experience and see the damage a Father figure can cause,my good friend and Pastor Eric Garnie was a speaker at this camp.He spoke on God the Father,His acceptane,His blessing and His nurture and protection and Forgiveness ON His sons and Daughters.

Does our Fathers add up to this?,sadly no.Do we have perfect Fathers? no.

I ask myself how can I be a better Father to my children and to the young people I minister to. You know what,by affirming sonship and blessing them and guiding them into the ways of GOD.

Last weekend we had a leadership conference,myself and Pastor Eric teamed up to share valuable insight to Leaders on Going Deeper, Going Greater , Going Further with God, based on Peter's life.

I thoroughly enjoyed it, having a Father figure next to me.

My own Father on that night called us together and said to Us,My children I love you,I am proud of what you do,you dont give me trouble and I want to bless you,My earthly Father not only encouraged us but blessed us with some finance too.

During this two weeks I thought about the Father Figures in my life ,there were those who taught me how to play Rugby,there were those who were my close friends who guided my life with insight , there were those who shaped me in ministry and still does.

I AM DEEPLY THANKFULL FOR FATHERS WHO TAKE INITIATIVE IN THE LIVES OF THEIR CHILDREN AND GUIDE THEM INTO SONSHIP.

Pastor Eric conluded the evening with blessing these young people by hugging and praying for them and telling them to take GOD by the Hand to forgive their Fathers.

Are you a Father Figure?

When JESUS was baptised,the skies open and a voice said "THIS IS MY SON" Wow, GOD said that, here is a clue,start saying to your children and let them see the affirmation and hearing of those words - My Son / My Daughter.

Being a Father is a Mentor, Coach , Friend that you can rely on,approach with no doubt that you will hear the Truth.

Are you a Father, or are you a Sons,Daughters of Fathers , I encourage you,develope the practise of being around Father figures and let them be part of your life and in being a Father,I want to encouge you to be REAL AND AUTHENTIC FATHERS.

I am a Father and I am a son to Fathers.

1 comment:

  1. Well written. I have a friend who does men's ministry all over the world. He goes by Gordon Dalby (www.abbafather.com). Check his site. It has great resources.

    We have something in common bro:)

    ReplyDelete